4/23/07

Truck_Puter: Putting it all together #2

Between last and this weekend I did build a nice monitor stand. I used PVC pipe that I glued together and fixed to the center console. Then I spray painted it in a interior color of the Truck (on the picture it look much lighter than in reality).

Tip: I used 45 deg angle bends, if you use a bunch of them you can have the arm go in all directions and always end up with a flat top surface.

It took me some machining of solid plastic to build a similar receicer to the screen swivel than the original table stand.



The I ran a video cable (2 video, 1 audio) to the back of the car by using the cabl;e channels underneath the door steps. Once I came to the back I used a hole to go to the outside. I cut a hole in an elastomeric plug. Make sure you seal the hole afterwards with some silicone.



I had to lower the license plate to get a camera high enough to see anything. The metal strips are for this purpose. You can also see a little electrical water tight box that I use to make connections to the cable/camera (this is not for the trailor).



Full setup with camera installed:





And here the result with a picture of my lovely driveway!

No comments: